With the intent of remembering the victims of the calamity that hit Japan, TEM - Taukay Edizioni Musicali inviting Japan composers to submit electroacoustic recorded works 10 minutes or less in length (works may be less than 10 minutes in length, but may not exceed 10 minutes).
The most interesting compositions (6 or 7 works) will be selected to be performed in a concert during the "Contemporanea" festival in October 2011 in Udine (Italy) and broadcasted from Taukay Web radio, the first Italian web radio station entirely dedicated to contemporary music. (http://radio.taukay.it)
The recorded work can be any sound created which can be recorded on file, CD, data CD. Live performers are not allowed. The recording can include acoustic instruments, samples, voice, every kind of sound synthesis.
Scores of works are allowed but not required.
It is possible to submit more than one composition.
The call is open to Japan composers of any age.
Previously performed compositions will be accepted.
Works will not be returned.
Entry is free.
The following documentation is required:
- entry form with name, surname, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date and place of birth, citizenship, title of composition.
- composer biography.
- a recent photograph of the composer.
- photocopy of identification document of the composer.
- a statement agreeing to permit the performance of the composition to be performed during "Contemporanea 2011" festival, broadcast or telecast and archived without compensation.
- a statement agreeing to the treatment of personal information in accordance with Italian privacy laws.
The application form to participate is available from the web site: http://www.taukay.it
All the requested documentation listed above can be sent by internet at the following e-mail address:
It is possible to send also the audio file of the participating work (in uncompressed format) by internet using web hostings system (please contact us if you need more info about this kind of delivery).
Please submit your work and submission no later than August 31th 2011.
It is possible to send the participating work by ordinary mail to:
TEM - Taukay Edizioni Musicali
via del Torre 57/5
33047 Remanzacco (Udine) Italy
The postmark will be deemed to be the date of submission
Selected works will be announced on September 20th, 2011.
For further information please visit Edizioni Musicali Taukay's web site: http://www.taukay.it
Or contact us by e-mail at: email@example.com